The holidays are right around the corner, and the biggest shopping days of the year are upon us! I shop with small businesses and support local as much as I can, and these local makers, entrepreneurs, and businesses give so much back to St. Louis. They deserve your support this holiday shopping season, so this year I’m sharing the love with my St. Louis local shopping guide of some of my favorite businesses!
Home & Decor
- Virago Candle Studio – Handmade candles, wax melts, diffusers, and more! Virago offers great seasonal scents, year-round favorites, and a really awesome Pride collection!
- Maypop – Plants AND coffee?! That’s right, you can caffeinate, then shop around for plants to pollinate. That was cheesy, but I don’t care. I love this place.
- Expedition Subsahara – ES celebrates African culture and tradition with handcrafted baskets and other woven decor. Expedition Subsahara’s mission is to not only connect cultures through these goods but to also build a STEAM school for girls in Senegal!
- Twinkle Brews – Twinkle Brews upcycles craft beer, wine, and booze bottles into amazing candles that are inspired by the booze that used to be in that bottle!
- Arden Starling – Arden Starling is the moniker for local St. Louis artist Stephanie Richardson. Stephanie creates beautiful watercolor and mixed-media paintings and also turns many of her illustrations into gorgeous, colorful textiles and scarves.
- Clay by Tay – I love mugs, and I need all of these. You do, too. Clay by Tay’s specialty is really rad handmade coffee mugs with images of favorite icons and pop culture figures glazed on!
- Sunset Skin – Get your glow on with Sunset Skin, a full-service spa offering spray tans, facials, dermaplaning, and more!
- Butter Love by LC – Love and nourish your skin with Butter Love’s clean and nourishing skincare products.
- Maven – Maven is just a few doors down from the Boudie City studio, filled with artisanal bath, body, and candle products.
- Freya’s Haven – Freya’s Haven specializes in all things crystals, Reiki, and meditation to help women reconnect with themselves and live their life more intentionally.
- Boudie City – Yes, I put my own biz on the list, it’s the ultimate in self-care!
All the Fun (A Little Bit of Everything)
- Less Bitter More Glitter – You’ll find all of your colorful, happy, unicorn dreams with LBMG! Take a party with you everywhere when you shop for all kinds of decor, accessories, stationery, and more!
- Roaming Druggist – Specializing in creative, laser-made products, Roaming Druggist makes all kinds of unique goods, from jewelry to ornaments to signs and decor and beyond.
- Liberated Roots Collection – LRC has a newly opened location on South Jefferson that supports the work of Black makers by providing sustainable, eco-friendly, quality goods.
- Zoomies – Part pet cafe, part boutique, all fun! Zoomies has all the goodies for your furry friends, and they can even hang out with you while you sip and shop to help you pick out the perfect present!
- The Social Goods Marketplace – If you prefer your shopping and gift-giving with a side of sustainability, social justice, and self-care, then The Social Goods Marketplace is for you! Their products are curated to support communities and make the world a better place.
Accessories & Attire
- Cybermenology – A geeky girl’s dream, Cybermenology crafts handsewn nerdy and goth purses and bags to help you share your favorite nerdom while also carrying all of your shit.
- Ruby Francis – Ruby Francis is a handmade outfitter located on Antique Row on Cherokee Street specializing in statement vintage-style clothing and deadstock attire.
- May’s Place – Fashion-forward vintage so you can look damn good while staying committed to sustainability.
- Sara Patino Jewelry – Modern, minimalist, and sustainable jewelry made with recycled and ethically sourced materials.
- A Thread & A Prayer – Joyful and colorful jewelry made from polymer clay, mixed metals, and other lightweight materials.
What local St. Louis businesses do you love supporting? Share your favorite in the comments!